Jul 21, 2011

How I came to the right path

c
(This is a true story of a friend of mine of how he came to the right path of Allah (swa))

   I was born to a couple who comes from Male'. My mother and father always made sure that all my needs were fulfilled. But my parents were always having marriage problems and their marriage was very unstable. At the time I lived with my grandma. I never prayed regularly, but my grandma made sure I went to Friday prayers. In school I was doing pretty well until like all the other youths, my friends and delusions from Satan lead me far from Allah (swa). Just like any other youth music, girls and fun was always on my mind. If there is a Disco or DJ in Male' I was there. One day I was shocked to hear that my parents had separated. In the beginning they lived at the same house but later they went their own way. I was lost and had to put on the burden to support my mom. I finished school and started looking for a job. At that time I was smoking heavily and my parents didn't know that! Alhamdullilah I never touched any drugs! Actually it was my father who was preventing me from escalating from the status I was. He used to tell me that " If I get caught using any drugs or if I did anything like that he will kill me even if he had to go to jail or not ". My father always scared me to death! So Alhamdullilahi it was good in a way!
  But the real story begins when I started having some type of unexplainable disturbances. I started having headaches, fever and insomnia and all this starts at the same time every night. I was very worried. Soon I told my mom and she took me to a Witch doctor. The guy was kind of freaky, funny and retarded. He told me that a girl is doing Witch craft on me. And also he told me to stay away from the sea. Because that's the place she had done the Witch craft. But the guy never told me who she was. I visited the Witch doctor twice and he told me some incidents from my past and also from near future. Some were true and some were not! But I didn’t like the guy so I stopped going to him. Next I went to another Witch doctor. This guy had so many clients that he had to give out tokens. The guy consulted me and all he said was “You don't have a big problem ". Next he asked me whether if I prayed. When I said no he told me to go back and start praying and all this would get better. But even after I started praying I was still having these disturbances. Now I was more worried since it didn't go away even after I started praying.
  The turning point of my story starts now. Since I started having these problems I stopped going out with my friends and due to my stupidity at that time I lost my job too. My savior was a guy who was brought to my house by a brother of mine. He visited  my place and he saw my room and his first words were “Before I do anything , you should remove all your necklaces, arm bands, posters in the room and stop listening to Music. So slowly I removed everything and stopped listening to Music. Next he told me to pray. He told me that I was possessed by a Jinn. Next he performed a Ruqya (recitation of Quran for spiritual healing). He told me that I was not possessed seriously. So he gave me a glass of water after reciting Quran and told me that it was not him who cures me but it is Allah (swa) who cures people. And he said he is only making Dua to Almighty Allah (swa) and that I should do the same. So as days passed my sickness started healing and I was getting better. I started regularly attending the prayer and stayed away from my old friends. Some of my old  friends use to call me and joke at me because I was seen going to the mosque but it never bothered me. I changed  all my bad friends and started looking for good ones. At last I met a very good friend who was  a neighbor of mine. We started attending the religious sermons by Shaikhs and hanged out together. One day my friend told me to stop seeing my girl friend because I was visiting her at that time. So I told her that I can only call her and I don't want to see her like that anymore. But later I asked her to marry me but she refused and she went away to study in Sri Lanka. But Alhamdlillah I wasn't sad about the incident. I moved on !
  Later that year Alahamdullilah I got a new job and finally I got married to a beautiful girl (Masha Allah) and I have a five month daughter now. I left everything only to walk in the straight path which Allah (swa) had asked me to follow and Allah (swa) in return guided me, cured me and made my life happy.

  Therefore follow the path which Allah (swa) had ordered us to follow and He Almighty Allah (swa) will move mountains away from your path. Praise is to He the Almighty Allah (swa).

No comments:

Post a Comment